Easter Sunday today and before proceeding to lunch in Foce, we visited Cagli to see what might be happening rather late in the morning about 11 am. Mass was on in the Cathedral and the bells were ringing in the Piazza Matteotti and I managed to capture them on the camera's recording device. Once I work out how to add them here I will so you can share. It all seems too hard and beyond my capabilities right now so if you want to listen to it, comment here or send an Email and I will send it to you (only 440 kb).
Ann went to Mass in the Cathedral and I watched the people of Cagli walking the Piazza, greeting friends, grandparenting with the little tots, discussing the matters of the day, drinking coffee and white wine in the bars and cafes around the Piazza and generally enjoying a sunny Easter Sunday.
We arrived for lunch at 1 pm at Tony e Lucio's Ristorante in Foce and the restaurant was full. Lucky we booked beforehand. The food started to arrive - antipasto of mixed meats, bruschetta, lambs liver, fennel and orange salad, pasqual (easter) bread and cresci ( a local speciality bread ), followed by gnocci and then another pasta dish of tagliatelle, then chicken farrone and pigeon, then roast agnelli (lamb) with insalata mista (mixed salad ) and roast potato AND dessert of mixed local berries with pastry and cream, followed by almond Easter cake and coffee. Of course this washed down by the local vino rosso ( red wine ).
As well as the food being magnificent, the company around us was likewise. We made more new friends and were too busy eating and talking to take photos.
We did not have dinner Sunday night!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment